Zamalek's interim committee headed by Captain Hussein Labib issued a statement on Sunday regarding the handover ceremony of the Egyptian League title.
A dispute broke out between Zamalek's captain Mahmoud Abdel Razek "Shikabala," and EFA chairman Ahmed Megahd.
It was later reported that White Knights captain Shikabala had an altercation with Megahed, who hadn’t informed the police to let some Zamalek players, who were outside the matchday squad, from entering the stadium to celebrate with their teammates.
Zamalek's Statement is as follows:
1. No one of the oragnizers clarified the steps, in which the league will be handed to the team.
2. After the match ended, it was found that large numbers of non related persons were present in the vicinity of the stadium.
3. Zamalek's captain tried to let other players, who were outside of the matchday squad, to enter the stadium and celebrate with their teammates.
4. A number of people, who were at the stadium intervened to prevent the abovementioned with inappropriate behavior, without giving any reasons to what they have done.
5. After that, the EFA officials went to the inner gate, which leads to the locker room, where Zamalek's captain present, who demands the players' rights in appropriate behavior. But, some of the escorts of the EFA's officials spoke to the captain in deliberately abusive way, which made the matter more tense.
The statement also called upon the EFA's officials to open fair and impartial investigation into these facts, taking into account similar cases in order to avert suspicion of bias and double standards.
Moreover, the club announced their rejection to any decisions , which lack impartiality.