Mahmoud Jibril, the head of the Libyan National Forces Alliance, was tested positive for the novel coronavirus, known as COVID-19.<span class="Apple-converted-space">\u00a0<\/span>\r\n\r\nJibril has been taken to al-Ganzori hospital, eastern Cairo, according to well-informed Libyan sources to Sada al-Balad English Website (SEENews).<span class="Apple-converted-space">\u00a0<\/span>\r\n\r\nThe sources stressed that the Egyptian Health Ministry had sent a letter to the hospital, urging it to take more care of Mr. Jibril.\r\n\r\n<img class="aligncenter size-large wp-image-117989" src="https:\/\/see.news\/wp-content\/uploads\/2020\/03\/91230589_227895511929791_4118255281832460288_n-709x1024.jpg" alt="Scoop: Libyan Ex-PM Tested Positive for COVID-19 in Egypt" width="709" height="1024" \/>\r\n\r\n\u201cThe Libyan politician has been at the Intensive Care Unit\u00a0 (ICU) in Cairo as his condition is not so good at the moment,\u201d the sources added.<span class="Apple-converted-space">\u00a0<\/span>\r\n\r\nSEENews tried hard to get comments from the Egyptian Health Ministry's official spokesperson, but he did not answer the phone.\r\n\r\nThe 67-year-old Libyan political figure served as the interim Prime Minister of Libya for seven and a half months during the Libyan Civil War, chairing the executive board of the National Transitional Council from 5 March to 23 October 2011.\r\n\r\nHe also served as the Head of International Affairs. As of July\u00a02012, Jibril is the head of one of the largest political parties in <a href="https:\/\/see.news\/political-analysts-turkey-insists-on-increasing-influence-in-libya\/">Libya<\/a>, National Forces Alliance.\r\n\r\nOn 3 October 2011, Jibril announced that he would resign from government once the country had been "liberated". He later specified this meant the capture of Sirte from loyalist holdouts.\r\n\r\nOn 20 October 2011, Sirte was captured and Muammar Gaddafi was killed. Keeping his promise to leave at the war's end, Jibril resigned three days later. He was succeeded by Abdurrahim El-Keib on 31 October.\r\n\r\nIt\u2019s noteworthy that, the Egyptian Health Ministry said on Thursday that 39 new coronavirus cases detected\u00a0 were in contact with other positive cases.\r\n\r\n\u201cThis upped the total number of confirmed cases to 495,\u201d Khaled Megahed, the ministry\u2019s spokesman said in a <a href="https:\/\/www.facebook.com\/egypt.mohp\/posts\/143816580502296">statement<\/a>.\r\n\r\nEgypt has recently taken strict precautionary measures to contain the spread of COVID-19, including temporary closure of schools, universities, museums and archaeological sites, reducing employees and sterilizing means of transport, government offices and tourist attractions.\r\n\r\nMoreover, the Egyptian Prime Minister Mostafa Madbouli further announced on Tuesday a partial curfew nationwide from 7:00 pm in the evening to 6:00 am in the morning and a complete shutdown of all entertainment places for the coming two weeks.