Central Agency for Public Mobilization (CAPMAS) and Statistics released on 23 / 5 /2023 " Annual bulletin for foreign Employees in Private and Investment Sectors in Egypt 2022". The most important indicators are the following:
• Number of Foreigners who have a license to employ in private and investment sectors in Egypt reached 13331 foreigners from different nationalities in 2022, compared to 11718 foreigners in 2021, with an increase of 13.8%.
• Number of Foreigners who have a license to employ in Egypt for the first time was 6286 foreigners by 47.2%, and the foreigners with renewed contract 7045 foreigners by 52.8% in 2022.
• Arrivals from Asian countries (non-Arab) represent the largest number of total number of foreign Employees in private and investment sectors in 2022 that reached 4762 foreigners by 35.7% Followed by European countries with 4054 foreigners by 30.4%.
• Arrivals from Arab countries reached 2755 foreigners by 20.7%, Followed by American countries with 992 foreigners by 7.4%, then arrivals from by African countries (Non-Arab) with 585 foreigners by 4.4%, while arrivals from Oceania countries represent the lowest numbers that reached 96 foreigners only by 0.7% of the total number of Foreigners who have a license to employ in private and investment sectors in 2022.
• Man Power directorates are the first in terms of issuing licenses for foreigners working in the private and investment sector in Egypt in 2022. Number of licenses to employ issued reached 6661 licenses by 50%.
• Investment offices ranked the second with 4588 by 34.4%, then Companies office with 1136 licenses by 8.5% followed by Petroleum office with 946 by 7.1% of the total number of Foreigners
• The Professionals represent the largest number of Foreign Employees with 4354 foreigners by 32.7% followed by Legislators, senior officials and Managers with 4020 foreigners by 30.2%, Then Technicians and Specialist Assistants with 2447 foreigners with 18.4 % of the total number of Foreigners who have a license to employ in private and investment sectors in 2022.
Arts, entertainment and recreation activities represent the largest number of foreign workers, with 3066 foreigners by 23%, followed by Manufacturing activity with 2880 foreigners by 21.6%, then Education activities with 1653 foreigners by 12.4% then Mining and quarrying activity with 1003 by 7.5%, of the total number of Foreigners who have a license to employ in the private and investment sector in 2022.