Central Agency for Public Mobilization and Statistics issued a press release for the International Theater Day. Sixty-one years ago, theaters in the world celebrate the International Theater Day, which falls on March 27 of each year, and which was approved by the “UNESCO Organization” on the occasion of the inauguration of the Theater of Nations in 1962.
This day primarily aim at promoting theatrical art all over the world and sheds light on the value of this fine art, which is considered the father of the arts, as well as helps in intellectual development as it transmits to us values, customs and culture. The purpose of the theater is to convey the conditions and issues of peoples. The plays also allow transferring knowledge, because the plays contain various cultural values.
The most important indicators are:
- Number of theaters reached 41 in 2021, compared to 40 in 2020, with an increase of 2.5%.
- Number of viewers reached 546 thousand in 2021, compared to 289 in 2020, with an increase of 88.9%.
-The total revenues of public theaters amounted to 49.4 million pounds in 2021, compared to 26 million pounds in 2020, an increase of 87.2%.
- Number of national theater groups reached 73 in 2021, compared to 72 in 2020, with an increase of 1.4%.
- - Number of performances presented by the national theater groups reached 2430 performances in 2021, compared to 1754 performances in 2020, with an increase of 38.5%.
- Number of theater groups viewers reached 314 thousand viewers in 2021, compared to 261 thousand viewers in 2020, an increase of 20.3% .
- Number of foreign bands reached 38 in 2021, compared to 20 in 2020, with an increase of 90%, while the number of shows reached 99 in 2021.
Source: Artistic House of Theater - Artistic House of Folk Arts - Egyptian Opera House.