YouTube shut down the accounts used by pro-Russian separatists in eastern Ukraine, the platform confirmed on Friday.
A number of channels linked to the separatists were inaccessible "due to non-compliance with YouTube community rules".
The closure comes amid increasing tensions between Russia and the West, particularly over fears of a Russian invasion of Europe’s ally Ukraine.
In a statement to Euronews, the American social media giant confirmed it had disabled several accounts linked to pro-Russian separatists.
"YouTube complies with all applicable sanctions and trade compliance laws, including with respect to content created and uploaded by restricted entities," a Google spokesperson said. "If we find that an account violates our Terms of Service or Community Guidelines, we disable it."
Nevertheless, the platform not elaborate on which of its rules the accounts had violated.
The channels affected by the move include the Lugansk People's Republic Information Centre -- the official news website of the self-proclaimed Luhansk territory.
In response, the website said that its YouTube channel had been shut down "without explanation".
Moreover, several other separatist channels were also closed, including the Information Ministry and "people's militia" of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People's Republic.