We all love eating fish especially during thes hot summer months. The oil and lemon grilled fish is one of the best andfastest dishes since it is a simple and easy recipe. But to get that perfect grilled fish you must make sure that the fish is fresh either from the sparkle in the fish’s eye and on its skin or by pressing gently on the fish, it shouldn’t leave any marks. Also, fresh fish smells like the sea and doesn’t smell phlegmatic.
• The ingredients
1 kilogram of Denies fish or any available kind of fish.
½ a kilogram of boiled potatoes.
• The Recipe
1. Clean the fish properly. (In some cities, you can make this recipe without opening the fish and cleaning its insides.)
2. Marinate the fish with the salt and cumin but make sure not to add too much salt and cumin so you don’t cover the fish’s taste with the marinate.
3. Boil the potatoes whole till they are a little bit more than half cooked.
4. Cut the boiled potatoes into slices once cooled.
5. Grease your pan with oil before arranging the potato slices in the pan, add some salt then place the fish on top of the potatoes.
6. Place the lemon slices on top of the fish.
7. Preheat the oven on medium heat (About 180 degrees.) for about 10 minutes before putting the fish inside.
8. Let the fish cook for 20:30 minutes depending on the fish size and oven’s heat.
9. Once the fish is cooked, remove it from the oven. And make sure the fish doesn’t dry out and loose its light and moist texture.
10. Serve the fish with white rice, green salad and the potato slices as a side dish.
Contributed by Sara Goda.