The tourists visiting Egypt are always keen to take memorial photos with them.
Sada ElBalad English (SEE) news website brings new beautiful photos of the tourists in Egypt.
This time, we have taken the photos of tourists from “This is wonderful Egypt” Facebook page on Suez Canal Bridge (Al Salam Bridge).
The Facebook page shared these photos and captioned: “This One the modern landmarks of Egypt, one of the highest bridges in the world, connects Africa with Asia and is located north Ismailia city”.
“Travelers from around the world take photos and selfies of the wonderful bridge when the pass from Suez Canal,” the Facebook page added.
Suez Canal Bridge, also known as the Egyptian-Japanese Friendship Bridge, Al Salam Bridge, or Al Salam Peace Bridge; is a road bridge crossing the Suez Canal at El-Qantara. The bridge links the continents of Africa and Asia.
The bridge was built with assistance from the Japanese government. The main contractor was Kajima Corporation.
Japan agreed to grant Egypt 60% of the construction cost (or 13.5 billion yen), during the visit of Former President Hosni Mubarak to Japan in March 1995, as part of a larger project to develop the Sinai Peninsula. Egypt bore the remaining 40% (9 billion yen).
Egypt opened the bridge in October 2001.
The bridge, which has a 70-metre (230 ft) clearance over the canal and is 3.9 kilometers (2.4 mi) long, consists of a 400-metre (1,300 ft) cable-stayed main span and two 1.8-kilometre (1.1 mi) long approach spans.
The height of the two main pylons supporting the main span is 154 meters (505 ft) each. The towers were designed in the shape of Pharaonic obelisks.
The clearance under the bridge is 70 meters. Therefore, the maximum height of ships that can pass through the Suez Canal is 68 meters above the waterline.
The Suez Canal Bridge was part of a major drive to develop the areas surrounding the Suez Canal.