Oscar-winning actor Tom Hanks and his actress wife,\u00a0<a href="https:\/\/en.wikipedia.org\/wiki\/Rita_Wilson" target="_blank">Rita Wilson<\/a>, have been discharged from an Australian hospital where they were in isolation since <a href="https:\/\/see.news\/tom-hanks-wife-rita-wilson-diagnosed-with-coronavirus\/" target="_blank">testing positive for the coronavirus<\/a>.\r\n\r\nHowever, reports claimed that health officials in Gold Coast said that only Hanks has checked out of the hospital, while Wilson remained hospitalized, but, the couple's son, Chet Hanks, confirmed that both his parents were discharged.\r\n\r\n\u201cMy parents had been released from the hospital and were feeling a lot better,\u201d Chet stated in an Instagram video on Monday.\r\n\r\nChet continued, "They're out of the hospital. They're still self-quarantined, obviously, but they're feeling a lot better. So that's a relief.\u201d.\r\n\r\n"I just want to say to anyone else out there who has loved ones or if you yourself are afflicted with the virus, my prayers go out to you because a lot of people are suffering other than my parents right now. I just wish everyone a swift and speedy recovery," he added.\r\n\r\nChet stated that it was important to stay calm as panic makes things "more difficult than they need to be".\r\n\r\n"You know, I mean, if you went to the grocery store and hoarded all the water and the toilet paper for yourself, I think you're the problem. You know, what I mean? You should just think more of others for once," he added.\r\n\r\nhttps:\/\/www.instagram.com\/p\/B90FuwUJNTh\/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link\r\n\r\nLast week, Hanks revealed that he and his wife tested positive for COVID-19 in Australia, where he was working on Elvis Presley biopic, while Wilson, who is also a singer-songwriter, performed concerts in Sydney and Brisbane, before testing positive for the virus.\r\n\r\nFurthermore, an Australian reporter Richard Wilkins revealed that he might have contracted coronavirus from Wilson, after meeting her in Sydney.\r\n\r\nHe confirmed he had tested positive, tweeting: "Hey ....sincere thanks for all the messages...I really appreciate it. It\u2019s actually a bizarre feeling to have tested positive to this thing we\u2019ve all been talking about. I feel 100% ...no symptoms at all ! Thanks again ....love to all RW xx"\r\n\r\nhttps:\/\/twitter.com\/RichardWilkins\/status\/1239159068163330048?s=20\r\n\r\nWilkins\u2014 who is an entertainment editor for Channel Nine\u2014 further discussed his diagnosis in a facetime with his colleagues at the studio from his home in Sydney, where he is self-isolating.\r\n\r\n\u201cI\u2019m surprisingly very well. You could\u2019ve knocked me over with a feather last night when I got that call. It took me a couple of minutes to reel from the news that they gave me.\u201d Wilkins said.\r\n\r\nWarner Bros shut down the production of the film after Hanks' diagnosis, while the film's director Baz Lurhmann, has gone into self-isolation along with his family, after coming into contact with Hanks on the set.