This morning, President Abdel Fattah El Sisi greeted the “promising and enthusiastic” Egyptian youth, saying that they have proved to be the secret of power at our nation.
In a tweet he post to mark the World Youth Day (WYD), President Sisi affirmed that Egyptian authorities are determined to stay in full support for the youth and to prepare them for a better future.
Worth noting that Egypt has registered progress in supporting youth under President Sisi.
– In 2016, President Sisi labelled the year ” Youth Year”.
– In the beginning of 2017, the first batch of the presidential leadership program was graduated.
– A national youth conference is being held monthly, across the different governorates in Egypt, to discuss several issues of ongoing relevant concern. 7 conferences held so far, while the latest involved more than 1500 participants.
– The monthly youth conference became international platform, as the Egyptian permanent mission in Geneva succeeded in getting the UN to adopt the recommendations released at the first and second youth conference, within the global agenda of youth rights.
– In 2018, the National Academy for Youth Training and Rehabilitation was approved to Establishing.
– The Egyptian youth was admitted to multiple leading positions in the Egyptian state bodies.
-In 2019, the first batch of the presidential leadership program for African youth was graduated.
– The city of Aswan was named a capital for culture and creativity for African youth.
– The simulation model of Egyptian state was adopted a permanent platform in coordination with youth taking part at several programs.
– 200 billion EGP was allocated for youth projects with an interest rate of 5%.
– The number of missions abroad was from 390 to 850.
– A presidential pardoning committee was formed, mostly of young people, to discuss the situation of youth in pre-trial detention.