Today, Japan decided to ban the entry of all foreign arrivals for more than a month, with the spread of fear of the new coronavirus strain.
According to the Japanese newspaper Nikkei, the decision will take effect from December 28 until the end of January.
The newspaper said that Japan decided to take the measure after it was confirmed that people coming from Britain were infected with a new strain of Coronavirus.
Earlier, health authorities confirmed the first case of infection with the new strain of Coronavirus that was discovered in England.
Japanese Health Minister Norihisa Tamura said, in a press conference, that 5 people were subjected to quarantine after confirming their infection upon their arrival from England between 18 and 21 December.
The Japanese Ministry of Health stated that only one man felt tired while the other 4 did not complain about any symptoms.
The infected five arrived before Tokyo began, on Thursday, imposing a temporary ban on foreign visitors from Britain.
On Friday, Tokyo confirmed that 3,823 new infections were recorded, registering the highest daily increase for the third consecutive day.
Tokyo has so far managed to avoid a large-scale spread of the virus, unlike what happened in Europe and the United States where the total number of infections reached more than 215,000 known infections and about 3,200 deaths due to the Covid-19.