German health authorities announced that they will ease the COVID-19 entry restrictions for travellers from June 1, in addition to halting all requirements for vaccination, and a negative Coronavirus test, Reuters reported on Wednesday.
Health Minister Karl Lauterbach said: “We will suspend the 3G rule on entry until the end of August.”
The new decision will be directed to the cabinet today, alongside another regulation of recognizing all COVID-19 vaccines that are approved by the World Health Organization.
Germany’s coronavirus infections are now declining according to the Robert Koch Institute. It reported 64,437 new infections on Tuesday which is lower than last week by 21,815 cases.
On the other hand, Johns Hopkins University announced on Monday that more than 522 million people were infected with Coronavirus worldwide.
In addition, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director-General of the World Health Organization (WHO) said on Sunday that Coronavirus pandemic is not over yet.