On Thursday, Egypt urged all conflicting Lebanese parties to exercise rsirestraint and avoid violence, after clashes and gunfire took place outside the Lebanese Ministry of Justice and claimed the lives of five people and injured more than 30 others
“With great concern, Egypt is following the developments in Lebanon and regrets the events that took place in the Lebanese arena today,” said Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Ahmed Hafez in a statement.
“The government and state institutions should be shoulder their responsibilities in managing the country, resolving crises, and restoring stability so that the international community can help Lebanon move forward towards a better future,” he added.
During a protest was called for by Hezbollah and Amal movement
, five people were killed and more than 30 others were injured in gunfire that erupted in the Tayouneh area, outside the Ministry of Justice in Beirut, said the Lebanese Red Cross in a statement.
The protests were staged after a Lebanese court dismissed a complaint against Tareq Bitar, the leading Judge of the Investigative Committee that tasked with a probe into the Beirut port explosion that took place last year.