Supervisor Elham AbolFateh
Editor in Chief Mohamed Wadie

The families of 900 Israeli soldiers demand that the occupation cancel the Rafah attack


The families of more than 900 Israeli soldiers deployed in Gaza signed a letter urging the occupation army to stop the attack

Mon 13 May 2024 | 05:34 PM
The families of 900 Israeli soldiers demand that the occupation cancel the Rafah attack
The families of 900 Israeli soldiers demand that the occupation cancel the Rafah attack
amir hagag

The families of more than 900 Israeli soldiers deployed in Gaza signed a letter urging the occupation army to stop the attack on Rafah, describing it as a “deadly trap” for their children, according to the British newspaper “The Guardian”.

“It is clear to anyone with common sense that after months of warnings and announcements regarding the incursion into Rafah, there are forces on the other side actively preparing to strike our forces,” the letter, sent on May 2, said.

The letter, addressed to Defense Minister Yoav Galant and IDF Chief of Staff Herzi Halevy, adds: “Our sons are physically and mentally exhausted. Now, do you intend to send them into this dangerous situation?”

The letter was initially signed by the families of about 600 soldiers, but in recent days it was signed by the families of another 300 soldiers.

It is worth noting that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu rejected American pressure to stop a large-scale attack on the city, where about a million Palestinians took refuge after fleeing fighting earlier in the conflict.

Anat, the mother of an Israeli special forces soldier deployed in Gaza, said: “Rafah is a death trap. Hamas had a lot of time to prepare the place to kill our soldiers. We are worried and very worried.”