The 11th edition of the Malmö Arab Festival (MAFF) concluded on Sunday.
The closing ceremony witnessed the jury announcing the winners of the short and long film competitions.
The Egyptian film “Tuk-Tuk” by Egyptian director Mohamed Kheidr and the Sudanese film “Al Sit” by the Sudanese director Suzannah Mirghani received mention and certificate of appreciation in the short film competitions.
Moreover, the film “Curfew” by the Egyptian director Amir Ramses won the audience award.
Here is the full list of Malmö Arab Film Festival winners:
Awards for short film competitions:
– Appreciation Certificate to “Al Sit” by Suzannah Mirghani.
-Appreciation Certificate to “Tuk-Tuk” by Mohamed Kheidr.
-The Best Short Film Award (15,000 Swedish kronor) went to “The Present” by Farah Nabulsi.
Awards for Long film competitions:
– The Best Screenwriter Award went to Ghazi Zaghbani for the film “The Dilemma” directed by Ghazi Zaghbani.
-The Best Actor Award went to Salim Dau for his role “Gaza Mon Amour” directed by Tarzan Nasser, Arab Nasser.
– The Best Actress Award went to Naima Lamcharki for her role in “The Autumn of Apple Trees” directed by Mohamed Mouftakir.
-The Best Director Award went to Abed Al-Aziz Alshelahi for the film “The Tambour of Retribution”.
– Special Jury Award (15,000 Swedish kronor) went to film “Their Algerie” directed by Lina Soualem.
-The Best Film Award (20,000 Swedish kronor) went to the film “The Man who Sold his Skin” directed by Kaouther Ben Hani.
– Audience Award (25,000 Swedish kronor) went to film “Curfew” directed by Amir Ramses.
Contributed by Yara Sameh