The Duke of York, Prince Andrew, was stripped from all his military titles, and the usage of “His Royal Highness” (HRH) persona, media agencies reported on Friday.
All titles will return to Queen Elizabeth II and there is no news regarding the new distribution of the titles.
Buckingham Palace said in a statement: “With the Queen’s approval and agreement, the Duke of York’s military affiliations and Royal patronages have been returned to the Queen.”
It added: “The Duke of York will continue not to undertake any public duties and is defending this case as a private citizen.”
The news is the feedback of the accusing Prince Andrew of sexual assault allegations by Virginia Giuffre.
Last year, the Duke of York was officially served with a suit by Virginia Giuffre over sexual assault allegations as they submitted the required legal documents to a court in New York.
Giuffre’s lawyers said that they have already served the papers to the court on August 27, and the Prince was reported with the news after handing a copy of the papers to a police officer at Windsor’s Royal Lodge.
On the other hand, he denied all the claims of Giuffre, in addition, his Spokesperson refused to comment on the latest updates related to the suit.
The upcoming stage of the legal case is scheduled for Monday at New York Court. However, the court should receive a word from Prince Andrew by September 17, according to documents, as the papers mentioned: “if you fail to respond, judgment by default will be entered against you for the relief demanded in the complaint.”.
The papers also expressed: “The deponent did enquire whether it was possible to meet personally with the defendant, but the deponent was told that this was not possible.”
BBC correspondent Nicholas Witchell said Prince Andrew’s legal team left no comment at all, saying that the Prince said that he would cooperate with any official inquiries by the US authorities.