Everything that we use affect our psychological and physical conditions. Nowadays the world is suffering from a tiny virus named covid-19, or Coronavirus.
We as architects, designers, and researchers have to advice everyone about the vital steps in order to make their homes healthier places to live in.
The public ought to follow the following steps;
• All rooms must have enough natural ventilation.
They can adopt the cross ventilation technique to change the inside air with a fresh clean air from outside environment. Cross ventilation is very easy; all what people need is to make sure that they have two openings facing each other to allow the inside air replaced by fresh air.
• Open all the windows during the day time especially before 1 pm to allow in the Sun rays that kills bacteria and fungi.
• The public should use or rely on mechanical cooling or heating systems nowadays, because it spread the virus and the infection to other rooms. They should stay away from shopping malls and coffee shops that relay on mechanical cooling or heating systems.
• Make sure that all the smooth surfaces are clean, and clean the rough surfaces with deep cleaning liquids.
• Rags and carpets should be taken off the floor, because they can hold the virus for longer time.
• Shoe racks must be out of the house to decrease the chance of having the virus indoors.
• Install new accessories to put the hand cleaners, and gloves in front of each family member all the time to remind them of the cleaning process.
Finally, the public ought to stay home, clean hands, and home surfaces.
Pray to ALLAH to help the scientists find a vaccine very soon.
By Mohamed Hendawi, Msc., Architect & Researcher