Egypt confirmed on Saturday 1,497 new coronavirus cases, bringing the total cases to 32,612 since the beginning of the virus outbreak.
"Thirty-two more deaths were confirmed; raising the total number to 1,198," Khaled Megahed, the Health Ministry’s spokesman, said in a statement.
"Up to 8,538 coronavirus patients have recovered so far," the spokesman said.
"As many as 380 Egyptians were among the recovered patients today," he added.
Also, the number of coronavirus patients who had now been retested for the virus and had received negative results has reached 9,603 after getting excellent treatment in coordination with the World Health Organization (WHO).
Megahed revealed that there are governorates which witnessed a decline in the number of daily infection like Port Said, South Sinai, Damietta, the Red Sea, North Sinai while Cairo, Giza, Menoufia, Alexandria, and El Beheira governorates are the highest.
Earlier, Health Minister Hala Zayed said each isolation hospital will have 20 beds allocated for the doctors in case of their infection with the virus along with providing the hospitals with the needed medical equipment.
Zayed pointed out that 376 hospitals nationwide are now receiving COVID-19 cases.
The minister added that 5,400 medical units and 1,000 fixed and mobile medical convoys nationwide were allocated to distribute medical bags and protective supplies for those who were in contact with coronavirus confirmed cases.
Earlier, Dr. John Jabbour, the WHO representative, noted that in Egypt, 85% of the positive cases had recovered without treatment because their symptoms were simple, he said.
According to him, Egypt faces many challenges, topped by coordinating among all the health-related sectors and making the best use of the state's revenues in the fight against the pandemic, in addition to addressing the social stigma associated with the disease and supporting the medical staff who are standing in the frontlines and risking their own lives to treat infected patients.
The WHO official urged all the people to follow protective measures and stay at home to protect themselves and their loved ones against the disease.
The ministry has stepped up precautionary measures in the affected governorates and intensified campaigns to spread awareness about infectious diseases.
Megahed stressed that the ministry announced all positive and suspected cases nationwide.
The ministry raises its preparedness at all the country’s ports and airports to monitor the virus developments, receiving inquires from citizens about the virus through its hotline 105 or 15335.