Five people were killed after a bomb hit a mosque in Western Kabul, Afghanistan, sources reported.
No group has claimed responsibility for the attack so far.
Earlier this month, United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres strongly condemned on Saturday, Kabul mosque blast, which killed at least 10 worshipers and left several others injured.
“The Secretary-General of the United Nations (UN) strongly condemns the attack on the Khalifa Sahib Mosque in western Kabul during Friday prayers,” Farhan Haq, Deputy Spokesman for Guterres said in a statement.
He added that Guterres “expresses his deepest condolences to the families of the dead and wishes a speedy recovery to the injured.”
“Attacks on civilians and mosques are strictly prohibited under international humanitarian law,” he stressed.
On its part, the EU said that terrorism has no place in any religion or faith, adding that the attack on the mosque “comes in a series of heinous and cowardly attacks that targeted civilians gathered in a market, a school, or a mosque in the blessed month of Ramadan.
The statement added that the blatant increase in violence in Afghanistan is a source of grave concern to all Afghans and the international community, noting that all Afghan citizens, including women, girls, children, and ethnic and religious minorities, deserve to live in safety, with full respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms.
Moreover, the European Union (EU) called on the de facto Afghan authorities to ensure the safety and security of all Afghan citizens and to hold those responsible accountable.