On Sunday, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR) said that the number of the Turkish-backed Syrian mercenaries in Libya has risen to 15,300 so far.
In a statement, the SOHR said that about 5,250 of those mercenaries have already returned to Syria, while Turkey continues to bring more fighters to its training camps.
It added that a batch of fighters has returned to Syria from Libya, in conjunction with a reversal of the process during which fighters from the pro-Ankara factions went towards Libya after receiving training in camps inside Turkey.
Among the total number of recruits there are about 300 children between the ages of 14 and 18, most of them in the “Sultan Murad” pision, who were recruited to fight in Libya through a process of financial temptation which exploits their difficult living conditions.
More pro-Ankara Syrian fighters have been killed during the battles alongside Libya’s Government of National Accord (GNA) against the Libyan National Army (LNA) led by Field Marshal Khalifa Haftar.
According to data presented by the SOHR, the death toll among the pro-Turkish factions as a result of military operations in Libya has reached about 459 fighters, including 30 children under the age of 18, in addition to leaders of groups within those factions.