17 civilians were killed and 13 others were wounded, in the wake of Russian airstrikes in Ukraine's Chernihiv region, the Ukrainian emergency services said in an online post.
About 1.3 million people have fled Ukraine so far, since the start of the Russian military operation, the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) said on Saturday.
In a statetmnet, the UNHCR added that the wave of displacement from Ukraine will be larger and more complex.
The Russian defense ministry announced, on Friday, that the armed forces disabled more than 1,800 military targets of Ukraine since the start of the special operation.
“The Russian armed forces continue to strike at the military infrastructure of Ukraine. In total, 1,812 targets were hit during the operation, including 65 command posts and communication centers of the Ukrainian military, 56 S-300, Buk M-1 and Osa air defense missile systems, 59 radar stations,” Russian defense ministry spokesman Igor Konashenkov told reporters.
In the same vein, the ministry noted that the destroyed facilities include 49 aircraft on the ground and 13 aircraft in the air, 635 tanks and other armored combat vehicles, 67 multiple rocket launchers, 252 field artillery pieces and mortars, 442 units of special military vehicles, 54 unmanned aerial vehicles.
On Monday, US Secretary of State Antony Blinken denounced reports of Russia’s attacks on Ukrainian cities and mounting deaths of civilians.
This came during a phone call between Blinken and his Ukrainian counterpart Dmytro Kuleba, according to the US Department of State.
On his part, Blinken affirmed that the US with its allies and partners are united and determined to stand with Ukraine and hold the Russian government accountable for its war of choice.
Moreover, the US Secretary of State expressed his firm solidarity with the Ukrainian people, who are bravely resisting and repelling a premeditated and unprovoked Russian attack.