Supervisor Elham AbolFateh
Editor in Chief Mohamed Wadie

Hawass Announces: Tutankhamun's Global Exhibits Yield $120 Million

Wed 31 Jan 2024 | 11:21 PM

Egyptian world-renowned archaeologist Dr. Zahi Hawass disclosed that Egypt has amassed a remarkable $120 million from the global exhibition of 80 priceless artifacts from the collection of the iconic Pharaoh Tutankhamun. This international showcase not only highlights Egypt's rich historical legacy but also underscores the significant economic and cultural benefits of such exhibitions.

Speaking on the Kol Youm "Every Day" talk show, hosted by Khaled Abu Bakr on ON TV, Hawass shed light on the collaborative efforts underpinning Egypt's archaeological advancements.

 "Our Egyptian missions, staffed with exceptionally talented young professionals, have unveiled discoveries that have captivated the global community," Hawass remarked.

 He pointed out that merely 30% of Egypt's archaeological wealth has been explored, leaving an estimated 70% still concealed beneath the surface, hinting at the vast potential for future discoveries.

Hawass also emphasized the constructive impact of local and international archaeological missions on Egypt's heritage sector. He praised the competence of Egyptian archaeological teams, which rival their international counterparts in expertise. Furthermore, he commended the Committee for the Recovery of Antiquities for its successful efforts in repatriating numerous artifacts that had been illicitly smuggled out of the country.

Expressing gratitude towards President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi, Hawass acknowledged the president's support in the international campaign to recover stolen Egyptian treasures, including the campaign for the return of the Rosetta Stone. This initiative reflects Egypt's steadfast commitment to safeguarding its cultural patrimony and reclaiming its historical assets worldwide.