Since the coronavirus appeared in the Chinese city of Wuhan, Egypt started its preventive measures against this fatal virus.
As one of the most attractive tourism countries around the world, it always cares about its visitors not only their arrival procedures but also their health.
Egypt`s initial procedures with coronavirus outbreak
The ports of Alexandria, Red Sea, Damietta, and Port Said announced the emergency to confront the Coronavirus in coordination with the quarantine departments present in each port.
To keep citizens and tourists safe of the danger of that virus, the quarantine officials were present during the reception of the ports for boats and ships to review and examination of all the arrivals, especially those coming from the countries where the disease appeared.
In coordination with the quarantine departments, an operations room was formed to continue checking the arrivals on board the vessels and ships that the ports receive daily.
When a person is suspected to have contacted coronavirus, he or she will be immediately isolated.
What is Egypt’s precautionary plan to confront the virus and prevent its entry into the country?
Immediately when the disease was papered to the world, isolation departments in fever hospitals entrusted with dealing with such cases were equipped.
The procedures for discovering the respiratory diseases were activated. The ministry of health worked on raising awareness and monitoring the global epidemiological situation around the clock.
The virus was explained to the people at all private hospitals and clinics. The ministry informed all the citizens around the country to immediately report any suspected cases and refer them to the nearest chest hospital or fever.
How did the World Health Organization comment on Egypt`s readiness?
Dr. John Jabbour, the representative of the World Health Organization in Egypt confirmed that Egypt has full preparations to confront the Coronavirus.
“Egypt is ready to confront any disease or virus such as the Coronavirus,” Jabbour said. “It is fully prepared to confront that kind of disease, I trust Egypt's actions to face any potential epidemic.”
Why has Marsa Martouh been allocated to contain the quarantine for coronavirus infected cases?
Egypt`s ministry of health chose Marsa Martouh governorate to establish a high equipped quarantine hospital for reasons.
- Marsa Matrouh Governorate is the lowest governorates in terms of environmental pollution.
- Ease of control and application of the highest standards for infection control.
- The presence of large areas located in the hospital department, which frustrates the transmission of infection between citizens.
- The presence of El Alamein airport accommodates the planes carrying the Chinese from Wuhan.
- Matrouh has a good distance from the tourist centers and huge population centers.
- The governorate has a hospital with all the equipment to deal with cases that it has been diagnosed with.
- In Matrouh, It is easy to take preventive measures according to the WHO guideline.
- For travelers coming from any country, if anyone suffers from an increase in body temperature, he or she will be transferred to the quarantine hospital immediately.
The Egyptian government has designated El-Negelah Central Hospital in Marsa Matrouh as a quarantine hospital.
How has Egypt helped China in fighting coronavirus?
Egyptian Ministry of Health and Population sent 10 tons of protective supplies as a gift to the Chinese people to confront the outbreak of the coronavirus, according to an official statement.
“Egypt sent a plane to bring back all Egyptian citizens from the Chinese city of Wuhan,” the statement read.
Those supplies are meant to support the Chinese people, within the framework of deep and interrelated relations and enhance cooperation between the two countries to confront the outbreak of coronavirus, according to the ministry.
“The supplies include medical preventive items that any citizen needs to follow protective measures such as masks and alcohol disinfectants,” said the ministry’s Spokesperson Dr. Khaled Megahed.