By: ِYassmine ElSayed
CAIRO, Feb. 11 (SEE) – The Duchess of Sussex’s brother stated that the fractious relationship between Meghan Markle and her dad is “broken beyond repair” with no hope of reconciliation.
According to a recent report by the British ‘Mirror’ which quoted Meghan’s half-brother Thomas Jnr, 52, her feud with Thomas Markle Snr, 74, reached an impasse after he released a private and profoundly emotional letter penned to him by his daughter.
The leaked letter disclosed Meghan admonishes him for failing to attend her wedding last May, telling him he had broken her heart “into a million pieces”.
Addressing him as “Daddy”, Meghan, made a heartfelt plea for him to stop “victimising” her after milking her fame with a string of public interviews.
And in an attempt to build bridges, she told him she would “always love him” but was devastated when he responded by asking for a photoshoot with her.
Mr. Markle published her letter after his daughter permitted five of her friends to criticise him anonymously in a US magazine last week.
“Knowing dad as we do, she knows backing him into a corner only results in one thing – he lashes out. Meg was naive to think otherwise.”
The bombshell letter lays bare the true depths of the Duchess’s two-year estrangement from her father.
Handwritten in elegant script, Meghan, 37, attacks him for giving press interviews, accuses him of fabricating stories and attacking Prince Harry .
The Duchess also scolds her father for siding with her half-sister Samantha, a constant critic of Meghan who appeared to revel in the letter being revealed.
Meghan says in the letter she is abused by Samantha, 54, and is “silently suffering at the hand of her vicious lies”.
She also blasts her father, claiming he made no attempt to contact her, shunned Harry’s offer of help and is ungrateful for money she has given him.
The retired lighting director denies all her charges. He received the letter at home in Rosarito, Mexico, and kept it to himself for six months.
But when her friends echoed her claims in a magazine, he felt compelled to defend himself.
He said: “I was expecting something that would be a pathway to reconciliation. Instead, it was deeply hurtful.
I was so devastated I couldn’t show it to anyone and never would have had it not been for the events of last week.
The Duchess’s letter accuses him of asking for money.
It says: “You’ve said I’ve never helped you financially and you’ve never asked for help, also untrue. “You sent me an email last October that said: ‘If I’ve depended too much on you for financial help then I’m sorry, but please, if you could help me more not as a bargaining chip for my loyalty’.”
The Duchess adds: “If you love me, as you tell the press you do, please stop. Please allow us to live our lives in peace.”
In response, Mr Markle said: “Meghan’s given me cash gifts occasionally, but I never begged or asked. It was a couple of grand here or there.”
He is also angry about the Duchess’s claims he made money out of her. “I’ve only accepted a few payments,” he says. “If I’d taken all the offers I’ve had, I could have made $600,000. I haven’t done that.”
Kensington Palace had no comment.