Ras El- Tin palace was built by Muhammad Ali Pahsa, on the coast of the Mediterranean Sea in Alexandria, in the 1830s. It is the oldest royal Egyptian palace still in use; it’s currently used by the Egyptian navy.
In this same palace, King Farouk signed his abdication and left Egypt for exile.
Ras El- Tin palace has imaginable historical breadth along construction started at 1834; it took eleven years for its design to be completed and two year for building activities.
It was built using the Italian Style such as Abdeen palace, the large royal palace in Cairo, with great architectural elements and ornamentation. It was built on a foundation of 17,000 square and 12 acres of fig trees garden; the complex was used as residence of government headquarters during summer season.