The DAAD Helmut-Schmidt-Programme Masters Scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance Programme is designed to further qualify future leaders in politics, law, economics, and administration according to the principles of good governance and to prepare them in a practice-oriented course for their professional life.
Very good graduates with a first university degree get the chance to obtain a master’s degree in disciplines that are of special relevance to the social, political, and economic development of their home country.
The knowledge and experience acquired in Germany should enable the scholarship holders to later contribute to the establishment of democratically oriented economic and social systems aimed at overcoming social tensions.
The DAAD Helmut-Schmidt-Program is open for very well qualified graduates with a first university degree (bachelor or equivalent) who want to actively contribute to the social and economic development of their home countries or regions. It is offered both for young graduates without professional experience and for mid-career professionals.
The scholarship programme is open to graduates from developing countries (see list of countries) in the field of social sciences, political sciences, law, economics and public administration.
- Scholarship of monthly 850 € for selected master´s programmes at German institutions of higher education.
- The study programmes are usually starting in Sep/Oct 2021 and are taught in German and/or English.
- Contributions to health insurance in Germany
- Appropriate travel allowance
- Study and research subsidy
- Monthly rent subsidy where applicable
- Allowances for spouses and/or children where applicable
- 6-months-German language course from April 2021 up to the end of September 2021.
- Allowances for spouses and/or children are not applicable, as far as the programme includes study-phases in Germany and in your home country.
HOW TO APPLY
Necessary documents for Helmut-Schmidt-Program :
- DAAD Application form for Research Grants and Study Scholarships (hand-signed, but electronically edited)
- Hand-signed and dated motivation letter (one single letter for both universities) containing a precise description of the applicants’ academic/professional and personal reasons for choosing those master´s programmes and universities (two pages maximum)
- Hand-signed and dated full curriculum vitae including information about the precise field of your studies, your political and social engagement and, if applicable, description of job experience
- Copy of acquired Academic Degrees (certified translation if necessary, please attach an explanation of the grading system)
- Copy of the transcript of records (certified translation if necessary)
- Recent language certificates (German and/or English)
- One letter of recommendation, signed and recently dated by your university professor or current employer, supplemented by an official letterhead, and stamp (not in a sealed envelope)
- If applicable certificates of employment to support relevant professional experience mentioned in your CV by documentary evidence
LIST OF MASTER COURSES
Hochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg: Analysis and Design of Social Protection Systems e-mail: [email protected]
Universität Duisburg-Essen: Master of Development and Governance e-mail: [email protected]
Willy Brandt School of Public Policy at the University of Erfurt: Master of Public Policy (MPP) e-mail: [email protected]
Universität Magdeburg: Peace and Conflict Studies e-mail: [email protected]
Hochschule Osnabrück: Management in Non-Profit- Organisations e-mail: [email protected]
Universität Passau: Development Studies e-mail: [email protected]
Universität Passau: Master of Governance and Public Policy e-mail: [email protected]
Universität Potsdam: Master of Public Management (MPM) e-mail: [email protected]
You are allowed to submit your application for up to two master`s courses.