The Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research announced the issuance of the republican decree in an Official Newspaper on June 3 for the Law No. 72 of 2019 to establish technological universities.
According to the law, 7 goals to be achieved by the universities were listed:
1. Developing a new direction for applied, technological education and training in Egypt parallel with an academic education, where graduates will receive university degrees above medium diploma, bachelor and higher education.
2. Implementing technology for the benefit of society, and the preparing graduates from general and technical secondary education to meet the needs of the labor market of the technical and technological human resources required for social and economic development plans of the state, and support the community image of this type of education.
3. Providing technological education coupled with integrated educational and training services comparable to international quality programs, which allow graduates to be capable of competing in the local, regional and global labor markets.
4. Developing prodigies with the ability to continue learning, flexible transformation between sub-specialties, in addition to the possibility of joining the labor market and return to study after receiving the appropriate training and practice.
5. Continuing development of curricula and study plans for all levels of education in relation to technological education to cope with rapid developments in all fields of science.
6. Developing the scientific and cultural relations of universities with Arab and international universities and scientific institutions, in order to enhance scientific cooperation and exchange experiences, including contributing to the achievement of developmental goals.
7. Providing technical assistance and management advice in the field of technical education and training.